A fire at Concord Mills Wednesday morning caused the mall to evacuate employees and shoppers for a brief time. Officials say the fire began inside an exhaust fan in the bathroom of the FYE store around 9:15 a.m. Concord Fire Chief Ray Allen says the sprinkler system kicked on and was able to help put out the fire. While the fire was not huge, crews are grateful it happened so early in the morning when the mall was not more crowded. Most of the stores reopened inside the mall around 11 a.m. No one was injured.

Back to News